"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Haute Couture

Shortly after Lavender was born I started letting Geneva pick her own clothes from time to time. Okay, maybe "letting" is the wrong word; it implies a certain amount of intention on my part, when what actually happens is that I turn my back on Geneva while I'm dressing Lavender and she rummages through the drawers in the meantime. Sometimes she starts out naked and other times she modifies an existing outfit, with results ranging from charming to amusing to... inexplicable. At some point along the way it occurred to me to keep a photographic record of Geneva's fashion choices, mostly so that I can mortify her in front of future Prom dates. Until then, sharing them with the world wide web will have to do.

Some of these you may have already seen, and most of them really aren't the best pictures. I hope the subject matter will make up for it.


Snow hat, pajama shirt and snow boots.


Bicycle helmet and diaper.

Paper crown and sunglasses, though I can't say they're doing her much good there...

Sunglasses again, this time with a shirt and Mommy's necklace. 

Tank top, too-big capris, polka-dot tights.

 Backwards raincoat and... that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment