- Deliberately diving face-first off of the ottoman.
- Picking imaginary things off of the cat and bringing them to me.
- Peering at the world from between her legs for fairly long stretches of time.
- Kissing the wall repeatedly.
- Pretending to eat her food with a loud, fake munching sound.
She also astonished me with two heretofore unprecedented skills:
- Eating a meal entirely unassisted, and I don't mean a finger-food meal. I mean a goopy, messy, use-your-spoon meal. A lot of food missed her mouth, but even more of it went in! Color me amazed.
- Conversation. I had my first actual exchange of words with my daughter, and I'm pleased to tell you that it centered around produce.
Geneva: What dis?
Me: That's a tomato. Do you like it?
Geneva: Mmm. Yep.
A day in the life, eh? I have the best job ever.