"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Delightful Weirdo

Yesterday, Geneva baffled and amused me with the following activities:

  • Deliberately diving face-first off of the ottoman.
  • Picking imaginary things off of the cat and bringing them to me.
  • Peering at the world from between her legs for fairly long stretches of time.
  • Kissing the wall repeatedly.
  • Pretending to eat her food with a loud, fake munching sound.
She also astonished me with two heretofore unprecedented skills:
  • Eating a meal entirely unassisted, and I don't mean a finger-food meal. I mean a goopy, messy, use-your-spoon meal. A lot of food missed her mouth, but even more of it went in! Color me amazed.
  • Conversation. I had my first actual exchange of words with my daughter, and I'm pleased to tell you that it centered around produce. 
                       Geneva: What dis? 
                       Me: That's a tomato. Do you like it? 
                       Geneva: Mmm. Yep.

A day in the life, eh? I have the best job ever.

1 comment: