"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Cat's out of the Bag

Hey, Internet, there's something I haven't been telling you. Not because I'm not excited, and not because I'm not happy-- in fact, I'm practically vibrating with anticipation. No, I've been keeping this secret because it's the last time I'll ever get to keep it. Back in October, along with a million other questions that suddenly sprang into being, was this one: "whom do I tell, and when?" I decided to keep my good news offline indefinitely, but the fact is that it has become too big of a secret to contain any longer. I am a couple of weeks, if not days, away from delivering a new baby boy into this family. He will be our littlest and last, but certainly not least. 

It has been a joy getting to tell people about our growing baby in person, rather than online, and see the happiness on their faces that almost matches mine. I have had support during this pregnancy from people who will know and love our boy after he is born, without having to deal with unwanted advice from internet acquaintances who will, in all probability, never meet my son. And it has kept me from filling facebook with updates about my various aches and pains; I can choose to either vent to a real person (sorry Avery) or just get over it, which I think is healthier and more pleasant for everyone (except Avery).

The newborn hat is knitted. The birth tub is on standby. The baby clothes are sorted by size. The floors are vacuumed. And now the cat is out of the bag! I think I am officially ready to hold my little boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment