"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Blog Post by Geneva, Age Four

"I love the whole wide world. I have a new slip 'n slide. That's all I'm going to say today. Daddy has a cut on his foot. He put some gauze on it. I couldn't do the monkey bars when I was three, but now I'm four so I can do the monkey bars. The end."

Today my darling oldest child is four. My life as a parent, the ferocious love and sense of purpose I feel as a mother, is also four. Right now Geneva is thinking about what she has accomplished now that she's no longer three-- monkey bars, primarily. But today I'm thinking about where she is going. I don't really have any idea where that will be, to be honest, but I know how she will get there. Feist and passion lead to the monkey bars and beyond.

Happy Birthday, Geneva!

No comments:

Post a Comment