"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Monday, August 1, 2011

Bear Necessities

Every day I learn something new. Last week, for instance, I learned that it is possible to create a bear costume for a kid in under fifteen minutes. It felt like I was in one of those Mastercard commercials.

Big hand-me-down sweater: $0
Brown construction paper: $1
String: $3
Watching your kid get absurdly excited about bears: priceless

On a side note, whoever came up with that Mastercard ad is a marketing genius, and I don't usually say that like it's a good thing. But back to my afternoon with the Bear Cub. Basically, I slapped this homemade costume on Geneva and she was instantly in character, and eager to play the part correctly. So, I taught her that:

1. Bears are strong.


2. Bears roar


3. Bears like trees. 


4. Bears walk on four feet.


5. Bears leave tracks.


6. Bears like berries (or berry popsicles).


7. And oh yes, if their mothers help them, bears have fun on the swing.


No comments:

Post a Comment