"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Back to School

Okay, so we're a little behind schedule, seeing as how it's November, but Geneva and I finally made a trip out to Sunnyside to visit Pioneer Elementary! It was loud and hot and overwhelming-- for me. Geneva was amazing. And, despite being exhausted after two hours, I loved every second of it. It has been easy for me to forget how much I adore teaching during these last five months, because staying at home with my girl has been the most wonderful experience of my life, but being back at school reminded me of everything I loved about working with kids. They were goofy and honest and sweet (and they loooved Geneva). I wouldn't trade this time with my daughter for anything in the world, and I am thankful every day that I get to stay home and take care of her as she grows... so how on earth did I get lucky enough to have a fulfilling career waiting for me when she's off having adventures of her own? I miss teaching-- not in a way that makes me sad, but in a way that keeps me excited for the future, and makes me sure of who I am and what I want to do with my life.

As I was typing this, Geneva peed all over me. You don't get that in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment