"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Two Hours of Pie

Geneva: Mom, can I have your pie?
Mom: No, I haven't had any yet. And you just finished yours!
Geneva: But I didn't get enough of whatever I want, and what I want is more pie. [Repeats this to herself several times to enjoy the way the words sound. It's kind of like preschooler rap.]
Mom: Well, sweetie, you can't have unlimited amounts of pie. That wouldn't be healthy.
Geneva: What does "unlimited" mean?
Mom: What do you think it means?
Geneva: It means there's not a, um... there isn't a...
Mom: I think you're on the right track. "Unlimited" means "without a stopping point." So you can't eat pie without a stopping point. You can't have unlimited pie.
Geneva: But Mom, I have a stopping point! It's two hours from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment