"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Frozen: Winter Edition

When Disney's "Frozen" was released in theaters, we took the girls to see it. Then we came home and promptly learned all the lyrics to all the songs due to repeated youtube exposure. I could lie to you and tell you that I fought against it, that the words and tunes pounded themselves into my head despite my best efforts, but I'm a terrible liar. Truthfully, I enjoyed the movie wholeheartedly-- songs, story, characters, and most of all the message it delivered about familial love. So when Geneva and Lavender would ask, "can we watch a Frozen video?" my answer was pretty predictably "yes." And when we found out that Disney had released a sing-along version of Frozen in theaters, and that it was playing here in Yakima, I said "yes" to that, too.


A gaggle of girls, ready to sing some songs and dressed in their finest Frozen attire.



As we entered the movie theater snowflakes began to fall. When we walked, blinking, back to our cars there were a few inches on the ground and more piling up by the second. It was magical! All three kids fell asleep on the drive home...

...and sleepy kids means sneaky drive-through coffee treats for Mommy.

For a couple of days we had a light layer of snow on the ground-- just enough for sledding at the park.








Hot glogg after sledding hits the spot!

Then another storm moved through and dropped a foot of snow, which was not great for getting out of our driveway but was excellent for playing outside in with the neighbors.








Sometimes I wish I could give my children things that are beyond my reach: sunny days on rainy camping trips; flowers that don't die after you pick them; permanent hair detangler. Things like that. This time the thing that I wanted to give them-- a winter wonderland to accompany a beautiful snowy story about sisters who love each other-- happened all on its own.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That's how I felt about all this snow, too (although we didn't get to enjoy the Frozen sing-along). Glad you were able to enjoy it all. And I'm super glad you were able to sneak in a little treat for yourself! :) xo

    ReplyDelete