"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

"Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" --Ms. Frizzle

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Lavender Day

Some days I feel like little Lavender gets the short end of the stick. She's not the littlest one in the house these days, and doesn't get carried as much as she would like. She's certainly not the oldest, either, and I'll admit that most of our daily activities focus on things the three-year-olds would find entertaining or enriching. So, she's stuck in the middle, tolerating the diversion of my attention to another baby, and trying her hardest to keep up with or even just comprehend what it is that the older girls are doing. 

Some days, though, are Lavender Days. Those are days when instead of hurrying along we get to walk slowly, so her little legs can keep up. They are days when we are outside in the sun and the air, with room enough for everyone to play without being jostled. Most importantly, they are days when I choose to let other things go so that I can snuggle my little girl-- my big girl-- and watch her shine.


My Lavender, after a very full and happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment